As announced at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con, Warren Ellis (Iron Man: Extremis) finally brings an anime-styled adaptation of Marvel Comics “Wolverine” to life. It will be screened as G4Tv’s newest program with help from Madhouse for Marvel Entertainment and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan.
The relationship between Logan (voiced by Milo Ventimiglia) and Mariko Yashida drives this story of love and loss and the making of evil villains. Mariko’s father, Shingen, is the wedge between the two lovers establishing him as Logan’s main nemesis. Not to mention that Shingen is in bed with Advanced Idea Mechanics, the company owned by Hideki Kuruhagi that is supplying his Yakuza soldiers with technologies equivalent to mutant powers.
The overall look of this Wolverine is totally awesome! The anime style accentuates the characters’ features giving Logan that hard-bodied build, a la Hugh Jackman, that we love so much. It is darker and more realistic, a welcome change from Marvels other comic features. A big four out of five for this Wolverine Anime!
- The Wolverine: Hugh Jackman Reveals Silver Samurai as Villain at Comic-Con
- Hugh Jackman Confirms that the Wolverine Starts Filming This October 2011
- Wolverine to Join “X-Men: First Class”? Spoilers Ahead!
- Watch A 3 Minute Blitz! Wolverine Anime Coming to G4 in July
- Japan X-Men Anime Series’ Coming Soon Next April!