Some online fans may have speculated that Chris Meloni will play the part of Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder’s Superman, but it seems like the speculation is totally wrong.
Vulture caught up with Chris Meloni a few days ago at the Public Theater Gala, the “Law and Order: SVU” star revealed that he indeed landed a part in Zack Snyder’s Superman reboot. However, he will not be playing the villain Lex Luthor, instead he will be playing a general in this DC Comics movie.
It was unfortunate that Chris Meloni didn’t give us more information about his role. “I can’t tell you, or I’d have to kill you.” He did informed us that his part will film over five months in locations that include Chicago, Vancouver, Edwards Air Force Base and will start filming at the end of August.
Chris Meloni also told us how he feels about his departure from “Law & Order: SVU” after twelve seasons, “I feel very blessed to have been a part of it. I loved the people, every person. I loved going to work. And yet with all that, we did the best we could to try to make things work for everyone, and in the end it was just better for me to keep moving and I have no regrets.”
So who will portray the top-notch Superman villain, Lex Luthor and have we found our General Zod?
- Smallville Finale Photos: Michael Rosenbaum Returns as Lex Luthor
- Man of Steel: Superman Gets Puissant Villain, General Zod
- Zack Synder Hinted Bizarro to Appear in Superman: The Man of Steel?
- Jessica Biel to Play Lois Lane in Superman: The Man of Steel (2012)
- Michael Rosenbaum’s Lex Luthor Returns to “Smallville” in Two-Hour Series Finale.